There are many times that I go to bed stressing about all the things I messed up that day, but this is one thing that I at least deserve a "You Did It!" sticker for. I had TWO birthday parties at our new house {Lily's on friday, Logan's on saturday}... SIX days after moving in to new home. We had expected the house to be done sooner... and Lily and Logan had looked forward to having their birthday parties at "the new house" for MONTHS. Then we didn't even move in to the new house until the week after both their birthdays. BUT I was good on my promise... and told them we would just have their parties a week late, right... after... we... moved... in. {EEK}
It kind of stressed me out... we had multiple construction workers here during Lily's party, and there were unpacked boxes everywhere. But she didn't care at all, and was just SO excited for her BIG day. Since it was even closer to Halloween than normal, she had a
sPoOkY bIrThDaY pArTy...
sPoOkY bIrThDaY pArTy...
sPoOkY mEnU:
Ghosts, Jack-o-lanterns, Mummies and Witches Brew
We played SPOOKY MUSIC-al chairs, and Lily requested specifically that they do a halloween craft. So they all made halloween wreaths to hang on their bedroom doors.
Then instead of cake, the kids made FRAKENSTEIN rice crispy treat rectangles. {Well hello, Coop-a-Loops}.
But the CUTEST part about the party was the sign Lily made {on her own} to tape to the front door to greet all the little party comers, "Welcome Wichis and Goblins... BOO"
I love that girl, who is now 7.
Now let me tell you the ugly party details... It was so crazy before the party, that I didn't have time to get everything ready. So I had my wonderful party helpers ASHLIN and EMMA doing musical chairs with them or free play, between each activity, while I frantically prepared for the next activity in the kitchen... making the food, then cutting up the craft project needs, then literally making the rice crispy treats. AND during the party, we had multiple construction crews here: a guy laying tile in my bathroom, the touch up painters doing touch up paint through out the house, our builder, the cabinet guy, a crew of guys outside putting the chimney cap on the house AND the cement front pathway was just poured the day before so we had to put up CAUTION tape all over roping it off so no party comers walked on the new cement... AND don't forget that I didn't realize Bruce had a scout campout and all his little scouts were arriving out front to leave on the scout camp out in the middle of her party. ha ha, wow. But it was seriously still a success, and the kids didn't even notice, I love kids. And the most exhausting part about the party was that when it was over I knew I had Logan's party the next day.

2 comments:
You are A-MAZ-ING!
You are my hero!! What a story!! I wouldn't have believed it if it was anyone else. I was just telling Zachary tonight what an inspiration you were to me when we first met. This post encourages me to focus on my kids even when everything around me is crazy and demanding my attention. We love and miss you guys bunches!!!!
Post a Comment