"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Monday, November 5, 2012

OoOoOh Halloweeeeen

{2 little Sophie feet ghosties, 
and a Sophie hand halloween treeeee}
My 5 youngest kids have all gone to Mrs. Leavitt for preschool, she's the best.  Since "Mother Natures Farm" is where her little preschool field trip is every October, thats where I always am too.

But this year I almost didn't go.  It was the day before we moved, I had just found out the movers were coming a day early and there was still TONS not packed.  We were going to skip the field trip day, but I woke up and decided, "Guess what, things will get done one way or another, even if I have to stay up all night. I am taking little Sophie on her field trip!".  And so we went, and wasn't that the most important place I could have been?  Yes it was.
And then Halloween night came along...
Even though this is how I found Sophie dressed earlier that day helping Bruce clean out the garage (hooray, we can park in our garage now)... I did not let her wear this for Halloween.
Traditional HALLOWEEN Rage:
Here's the story.  Our new street has 3 houses.  I didn't think anyone would come on Halloween.  I normally make popcorn in the big popper and play halloween music out all night.  I was sad for a lame year with no trick or treaters.  We were deciding what to do.  Then literally the night before Halloween I said, "You know what, even if only 10 kids come, I am going to still make it festive for them."  So we pulled out the popper and the music and the halloween decorations last minute.  That day I was busy getting it all together so I wrote a TO DO list of everything to get done, hoping to avoid the last minute halloween stress.  Bruce walked in and said, "Can you write NO HALLOWEEN RAGE on the to do list?"  I laughed, because he knew the routine, 30 minutes before 'go time' I start stressing and yelling that everything isn't done and the trick or treaters are going to get here darn it.  So I wrote it on the to do list, and had such great intentions of skipping the traditional halloween rage...  Then unfortunately right before 'go time', Logan came in throwing a fit about a costume thing and I lost it and yelled at him.  Then he cried and stomped around saying, "the list says NO Halloween Rage".  ha ha. Welllll, we don't always stick to the list.
 China girl (cuz I couldn't find the bee costume. With a cute tiny bun, and no face paint like I meant to do.)
 A Silly Lily Witch (that we couldn't find the matching hat to for Trunk or Treat, but we found it for Halloween, hooray!)
 Hippy Chick (I called my sister that afternoon and said, do you have a costume Emma can wear, we don't even care what it is, we didn't know what Emma was being until 5:30 that night when Carrie showed up with this cute thing and Emma's 13 year old cousin did her make up for her so awesome)
 Authentic 50's Chic (the only costume prepared over a week in advance, because Ashlin was in charge of herself, she went to a couples halloween night with her little boyfriend and they were both so cute)
Notice I have no photo of just the boys... because they wouldn't come when I was taking pictures.  But you can see Logan was a nerd above, came up with it all on his own and bought the glasses with his own money.  Dallin was some kind of crazy super hero with leopard print leggings (that he cut from a full body leopard print leotard we have that was so cool, that I was so mad at him for cutting up!!)

Halloween night was a success... there were TONS of trick or treaters on our new street, it was a par-tay.  I was so surprised all the little kiddos trecked so far to trick or treat to us.  But we gave out popcorn and the Cleggers gave out snow cones, and that did the trick.
---BOO!---

No comments: