This week I was suppose to be writing everything negative I say down. This is an attempt to keep me accountable and noticing how often I make negative comments (especially to my children), as a motivation to SHUT MY MOUTH and instead look for more positive things to say. The first couple days worked awesome, I felt so happy because I was positive in everything I said all day to my family. Then life got so busy I kept forgetting to write things down... then after a while I just forgot about it all together. GRRRRRR. I am starting again tomorrow. I want to praise my children more than I criticize them. Because I KNOW that will help them more... but UGH.... it..... is.... so.... hard..... to..... do!! {Especially when they do so many annoying things... ha ha.}
I am getting caught up on my blog... and remembered our lovely trip to Solana Beach in June. As I looked at these pictures of the looooong beach walk some of us did. I was struck by just how many things we discovered on that cute beach walk... that day seems so far away amidst all the busy-ness right now of new house decisions and the looming "big move" next month (that I am dreading).
Look at everything we discovered in that precious walk:
mossy green rocks, little crabbies...
the awesome bridge where water flows under from the ocean and forms a still pool of water, so cool...
the Del Mar fair....
Dallins squishy cheeks...
dead JELLYFISH washed ashore...
rock formations and caves....
Aaaaaaaaand tomorrow I am going to re-discover how wonderful it feels to spend my day looking for things to praise in my children. It is going to be beautiful like this beach walk.
1 comment:
What a great beach. I think I need to go there. Your pictures could be put in a travel guide. I'm sold. : )
And you're a great mom, Cherryl! I'm sure you've been positive and constructive and fabulous. You probably forgot to write down negative things because you probably weren't even saying them. : ) Don't be down on yourself, because you are STELLAR!
Post a Comment