She was asked all the way back in March, by a nice young man named Trevin. He put tea light candles in our driveway, and lit them to spell:
(with a poem on a mirror next to it)
Then the stress followed of finding a beautiful dress that is also modest. We did it though, so pretty! Ashlin's friend Lyndy did this beautiful braided headband thing with her hair. She asked me to curl the back for her (aaah, the pressure).
She looked so beautiful.
The Ladies:
The Gentlemen:
The Group:
The Moment: My 12 yr old niece Lexi came over to see Ashlin get picked up for Prom. Lexi and Emma scheduled their babysitting job around being here for "the moment" Ashlin was picked up. All the little sisters were so excited in anticipation. It is so so so sweet to have lots of girls. They love this stuff. They kept telling Ashlin how pretty she looked, "like a princess". I was trying to get the house clean so it would look nice in the picture, and Bruce was not thinking of anything I needed his help with on his own. I threw down pajamas and yelled for him to put them on Sophie so the baby had clothes on when the handsome date arrived. Did he do it? No. I discovered that when Trevin knocked on the door, came in, and Ashlin walked down the spiral staircase in her beautiful dress, perfectly sprayed hair, looking like a princess.... holding hands with her naked baby sister who walked down the stairs with her. I groaned inwardly. Oh well, so much for the perfect moment. ha ha. (PS- the mother cared, not the daughter... when naked Sophie walked over to Ashlin at the top of the stairs and cried, Ashlin just lovingly took her hand and walked down smiling and elegant with the naked happy Sophie by her side) Then we discovered that I am not a wise mother who knew how to pin the boutonniere on any better than Ashlin, we took some pictures... and they were off. When they left our house, Bruce said sadly,
"She looked so grown up".
"She looked so grown up".
PS)There has been a lot of talk around here lately about boys, boyfriends, getting together, breaking up, sad tears, new boys coming around, etc... and I am just so thankful for a daughter who talks to me about it all. I love this girl. Aren't I annoying that I say that so much?








1 comment:
K - Your post almost makes me cry for several reasons ... Ashlin looks so beautiful ... and grown-up (sorry!). Makes me worry about when my girls will look so grown-up because then they will soon be leaving me. And I loved the story about naked Sophie ... ya, I think the mom is the only one that cares. I absolutely love Ashlin's dress ... unique and SO pretty.
Post a Comment