In September Bruce and I went by ourselves to Colorado!!
We went to Vet school and lived in Ft. Collins, Colorado for 4 years. We lived in a trailer, had tons of friends and We LOVED it. Now my cousin Casey is in Vet school there, they also live in a trailer, and he graduates in May. We have wanted to visit since he's been there.... but it is NOT easy to get away from all our kids!!! We finally made it work. I LOOOOVED staying in their trailer.... aaaah, felt like home.
Casey and Tiff:
Our WAY good friends from our school days still live there. It was SO fun to go visit them also. This is Jen and Alan. Oh how I love them, they are both so funny, so fun to be with. AND I HEART their children too!!
The first day I get there with Jen to make plans for the week she tells me, "Well on friday theres an Elders Quorum social. I told Jolene you were going to be in town and she told me you have to make salsa for it." HA HA!!! Cracked me up that we've been gone from the ward 11 years, but we come visit and BAM, I have an assignment. So you know I was on it. I fulfill my church salsa duties faithfully. SHOUT OUT TO JOLENE, who I found out stalks my blog. Ha ha. It was so fun to see you! If I was there longer I would have made you and Jen go Karaoke with ME downtown to whatever bar you went to with your sister when she visited!!
Us 3 couples went out to Tepanyaki one night. Check out Bruce's dragon shirt, it was perfect for the occasion.
Afterwards we went bowling. Who else is jealous that Alan is so photogenic?
This is me making an X, because you know I rocked a Strike!
It was so fun to go back somewhere we use to live and reminisce about all the good times and good friends. Loved the weather, bikerides, RELAXING, sleeping in, staying up all night, and visiting my wonderful cousins.
We knew the Clarks kids when they were wee babies, and now they're all teenagery and so fun to be with, so neat to see them grown, they've all turned out so great.
We love you Colorado!!!! I want to move back!
3 comments:
How much fun is that?! You are so cute! I'm glad Casey & his cute wife let you stay with them in their trailer so you could have flashbacks to your early Vernon roots as a couple. : )
Your high school get away post looked fun, too!
OK Girl - You totally ROCKED the shout out thang! Thanks! It was so fun to see you too, and we had RAVE reviews on your salsa as well. You da bomb! Thanks for taking a minute to visit with me on your busy trip - I loved it! You are SOOO funny! Hope you get to come back at some point!
Joleen
So fun to visit places that are full of such good memories. Love the new family pic.
Post a Comment