"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sophie Marie is here!

July 10, 2009
Sophie Marie Vernon
was born!


My wonderful doctor, Dr. Huish, scheduled me to be induced the day before my due date, so here I am below, in labor, but in no pain... hooray!

We got to the hospital and they started pitosin at 1:50pm, and 2 and a half hours later, Sophie was born! So amazing, my epidural did wear off a little, and when I was pushing, it hurt...

She came out blue as ever, so cute, covered in gunk and they put her on my tummy and I just cried and cried! They had to give her a little oxygen at first, but it was never too stressful.



I really am happy below, I just couldn't stop crying! What an amazing experience it is, words cannot even describe the intense feelings of joy and gratitude you feel.

I feel bad that Bruce was taking all these pictures, so there are only a couple with him in them. But, oh man, do I feel thankful for such a wonderful husband and dad for my kids! He is so cute with Sophie and I love to see him kissing on her and loving her to pieces!

I LOVE YOU BRUCE-
THANK YOU for letting me have another baby!!
Worlds BEST Dad EVER!



So, I'm handed this little baby, and some of my first thoughts are always like, I don't even know you, this little angel is a stranger at first, I don't recognize her yet, because we've just met. The 2 days in the hospital are this amazing bonding experience where your baby becomes yours! I just held her and stared at her for 2 days... my little baby!


So, ofcourse all Sophie's brothers and sisters couldn't wait to come and meet her either. My wonderful sister Chrissy had my kids friday to saturday and did all kinds of fun stuff with them. She brought them to the hospital that night. So here they are, 1 at a time, meeting their new sister:

Lily

Logan

Emma

Dallin

Ashlin

And then, look at me and my beautiful children, how could I be so lucky?? It's all I ever dreamed about when I was younger, having my own family.
We don't look like that big of a family, right?


Oh my goodness, look how cute little Sophie is. She hardly cried. And I held her almost the whole time. My favorite part of having a new baby, is sleeping with them in my arms and my face next to their face. Heaven.

And here is where Sophie and I lived for 2 days. So precious, just getting to know my new baby girl, my new friend, my new sleeping buddy!


As much as I LOVE the hospital for 2 days, we were also excited to take Sophie home!

As we drove home, I warned Sophie that it was just her and me in the hospital for 2 days... but that is NOT what it would be like at home. I told her about all the other little kids that live with us and how excited they are to have her home. She took the news very calmly. I think she was disappointed at first to hear it wouldn't just be me and her forever, but she handled it very well! See what a good girl she is, she's perfect, and she's mine! (well, Bruce's too)

17 comments:

Alisa said...

She is such a darling baby! We are so excited for you. You guys all look so happy. Congrats!

Lindsey Kilpatrick said...

I have been blog stocking you since you had Sophie just waiting for a picture. So worth the wait. She is gorgeous! We love you guys!

Karen said...

Cherryl! Congratulations Im so excited for you guys. I can't believe you have another baby! She's a doll...so lucky to have an awesome family too! Love ya!

Debi said...

She is so cute! I'm so happy for you and your family! By the way, you looked GREAT! I can't believe you had just had a baby.Love You! Debi

Kari said...

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!! What a lucky little girl to come to a home with so much love and excitement for her! Loved all the one on one shots with the kids--they will treasure those forever! Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Cherryl she's beautiful!!! Can't wait to meet her!!

Jennifer Wagner said...

Congrats Cherryl on baby #6! She is soooo sweet and absolutely beautiful, just like the rest of your crew. I just have to ask.....seriously only 2 1/2 hours of labor? No wonder you could handle number 6. You're a great mom. Even when we were kids I knew you would be a great Mom. I am so happy for you that you have your big family to fill your big heart! Lots of love and kiss Sophie's yummy little cheeks for me.

Nichole Lowe said...

Congratulations! She is truly adorable. I am glad everything went great. Welcome to the world Sophie.

The Regimballe Family said...

Congratulations Vernon 8! What a beautiful addition to your sweet family! She definitely is one lucky little girl to be born into such a wonderful family with so many people who love and adore her. I'm so glad to hear that your induction was quick and easy. She is beautiful! Keep the pics coming!

Kimmy said...

Oh wow! She is so beautiful, and you look great! Bruce looks like he came through labor well also!!!!! you made me tear up as I read your post, you are such a great mom!!! I can't wait to come to Az to visit and get all of our kids together!! Congratulations, we love you guys!

The Wiser Side said...

You are awesome and amazing, and my hero!! Your baby looks beautiful and so do you. I love how you love kids!! Your family is perfect-loved seeing all your kids holding her! Again Congrats

Jaimee said...

Congrats, Cherryl! I LOVE her name! All your kids are beautiful and look so cute holding their new sister. Hope all continues to go well!

The Hunts said...

Yeah! We are so excited for you!

Bekah Jennings said...

She is so cute! I love-love-love hearing your perspective on being a mother. You inspire me!

Nicole H. said...

You are so beautiful in these pictures! How do you look so amazing after giving birth? I mean I know you are adorable anyways, but come on!!! Sophie is just adorable as well. I can't wait to take her pics!!!

Jaron & Abby said...

Congrats Cherryl! She is perfact! I hope I can come and see her before I leave. Reading your post you made me so excited for my little one to be here.

Shannon said...

Congrats Cheryl! How fun to have a sweet little baby in the home. There is nothing like it! She is darling!