"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Thursday, July 9, 2009

Baby-Eve

So, it's better than Christmas Eve... it's Baby Eve... the night before getting induced. My kind doctor scheduled me to be induced tomorrow morning at 7:30am, even though my due date is not until saturday.

I just wanted to record my feelings so my new precious baby knows just how excited I was for her to come! How can I even go to sleep? I have been getting tears in my eyes all night just knowing tomorrow I get to hold my new little baby! It is amazing to me how you cannot imagine how precious this process is no matter how many times you've gone through it. This is my 6th baby. And I still feel nervous and anxious and I can't wait. The excitement is honestly multiplied because I have 5 kids asking me constantly when she is going to get here! It is so cute to see how much they already love their sister, whom they've only seen grow in relation to the size of my belly! :)

I am so thankful to be a mother. I know that it is the most important thing I will do in my life. It is also the hardest. But I have found, and it is my testimony, that the more I call upon God, study his scriptures and pray and plead to feel joy being a mother, the more so I do! It is amazing. He has blessed me through this process, and anything good I have done, has only been because of His help in my life, alone I am nothing. And so this night I pray again to my Father in Heaven to bless me with all the capability needed to be the kind of mother He would have me be to this new precious Spirit daughter of His who awaits to come to our home!

Oh my angel baby, I already love you!! I am crying just thinking about holding you for the first time!

6 comments:

Emily Lauren said...

Can't wait to meet her Cherryl! What a sweet, sweet post. And what a lucky girl little Eve is. She will loved so much by so many!

Alisa said...

You are my hero, Cherryl. Seriously.

Welcome, baby Sophie!

Congratulations to all of you darling Vernons!

angela hardison said...

We're so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see her.

It's Sophie, right? I think I got confused with the "Baby-Eve" thing and maybe Emily did too :)

The Wiser Side said...

You are so amazing!

Emily Lauren said...

Ha ha. I totally thought you were naming her Eve. I was confused cause I knew all along her name was going to be Sophie but then you said "Baby-Eve" ha ha. Abby is naming her baby Eve so I think it was just in my head.

Congrats!!

E and T Macdonald said...

So I guess I'll forgive you for not calling back...I'm thinking when I called you the other day you were in labor! :) I can't wait to see your sweet new baby!