"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Thursday, March 12, 2009

PINEWOOD DERBY

Tuesday night Dallin had his LAST Pinewood Derby!
He turns 11 next month, and moves out of Cub Scouts.

Bruce helped cut the car, but Dallin really did paint it and design it all himself! His car was winning 1st each time, and he was all excited, then something happend to one of the wheels, and after that it stopped going as fast... but Dallin was a good sport about it, I was proud of him. Especially since the other 2 boys, D.J. and Zach, that Bruce helped make their cars, placed in the top 5! We were excited for them and Dallin still had fun!



And last month Dallin's school had this really neat program for Presidents day, where all of the 5th graders spent weeks learning LOTS of patriotic songs. It was neat to go to... how can you tell which one is Dallin below??? CLEARLY, he is the most handsome one there, in the middle with the shirt and tie!


We love you Dallin! You are such a good boy! I am so happy to see you read your scriptures every night. I see you constantly be the first one to jump up and help your siblings and others. You have such a big heart. The other day we were at "Jeepers" play place with the kids and this lady walked in the door a little ways away and dropped a bunch of plates and stuff she was holding, and without skipping a beat Dallin ran over to her and started picking up all of the stuff. I was so proud of him, and as we drove home I told him that he is really being what he has said in cubscouts for years: "... I promise to do my duty to God and my country... and help others...". I think you can really feel inside that you have kept your Cub Scout promises!
I am sorry Dallin that sometimes it is so hard for me to be patient with all of the ~eNeRgY~ you bring, because when I really sit back and watch who you have become, I am so pleased and proud!!!
I love you!!!

No comments: