"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Here we are all in green for St. Patrick's Day!

My sister Carrie has had us over every St. Patrick's Day for years, and she decorates all green and has Corned Beef, and a bunch of green stuff! So cute. (I think this is a big deal to her husband, who use to be catholic before joining the ranks of mormonism)

Here we are below, her family and mine... minus who?? oh, that would be Bruce taking the picture, the only one NOT in green... how very unfestive!

Do you even know why St. Patrick's Day is celebrated?? I asked my brother in law Geoff (AKA Uncle Buff, El Jefe) last night.... Patrick, who was made a Saint by the catholic church was the missionary/man who brought Christianity (via catholicism) to the then Pagan Ireland. And the country really embraced the new Christian religion. What a great reason to celebrate... Christianity brought to a nation! Soooo I've never been to Ireland, nor plan to, or have any Irish in me... but I'll still wear green for that! :)

And the kids had fun playing with the Brady's cute turtle!


5 comments:

angela hardison said...

How fun... you guys are too cute.

Jill said...

Hi Cherryl! What a fun tradition. You all look so happy! Thanks for posting on my blog! I do get a little carried away sometimes! Thanks for reading!

The Regimballe Family said...

You all look so cute and festive in your green!

Anonymous said...

We have fun celebrating it too! After making green pancakes, eggs, etc for breakfast, Payton says, "Now tomorrow we can make purple pancakes!"

The Wiser Side said...

So fun!!! We love fun holidays too!