Bruce, me and Lily went to the ultrasound today....
I had felt like it was a girl all along, but right before the ultrasound I was like, what if it's not? The tech looked around at other stuff for a while, then when she showed the girl parts and said, its all girl, I of course cried, YEAH!
Some mother said to me once, who was older with 5 or 6 six kids, that she is always so happy to hear when mothers find out it's a girl. She said because girls grow up to be your friends. Boys are precious too, but they grow up and get married, and you stay close, but somehow it's the girls that really become your friends. Her comment was one of the first things I thought of when the ultrasound tech said GIRL. I thought, lucky me, FOUR daughters, four friends. I thought, through out my life, and as they grow older, they are mine, my four daughters. I feel so blessed to have 4 girls, I can't believe it. And somehow it makes my boys even more special to me, because there's just the 2, and I need to treasure those moments more!
Sooooo, the kids were SO excited when they left for school knowing that when they got back from school, they would know if they were having a brother or a sister. I decided to make it fun and went and got pink crepe paper, pink balloons, and made sugar cookies with pink frosting and put little tiny plastic babies on them, and pink hershey kisses on the table. So the kids came home to a PINK house and...
We had a PINK celebration!
girl-boy-girl-boy-girl-GIRL!
PS) Lily went with us to the ultrasound and she was such an angel, sitting on Bruce's lap watching. And Bruce says to her, Lily, look, there's our baby, pointing to the screen... and Lily says, "I can't see it." Poor Lily had no idea how we could see a baby as she looked at images like the above picture... ha ha!All girl, All healthy, All good.
13 comments:
I love how you make life's events special. Congratulations!
You are so creative and you make everything so fun!! I've always thought that about you...Congratulations!!
We are so happy for you!!!!!!!!
Congrats! I love girls! I love boys! But you really are lucky to have more girls... Bailey would like me a LOT more if I were to tell her that I was going to give her a sister... po Bailey!
You are so fun! Doing all creativness and fun things for your lucky little brood!
xo
hahaha...we are not only pregnant together but we are both having little girls!! play dates, i never thought i would be saying that back in my young women days! you were seriously the best leader ever. i am so happy for you, and of course derek is too. tell all the kids we say hi! we definitely need to stop by soon and say hi to your blessings.
I love your Pink Party. Congratulations on your new little girl. I am so happy for you.
Cherryl!! A fourth girl is such wonderful news! And healthy, too...so exciting.
I love your pink party - we did a blue bash when I was expecting Hayden as a way to cheer me up that I was having another boy. Balloons and crepe paper and a blue cake only made me want a girl more. You lucky lady!
What a fun pink party!! So fun! Too bad I don't have any friends yet, only boys! ;) Maybe a girl nextime...
COngratulations!!!! We are so excited for your family. I love how you told the kids with the all pink theme...what fun!
How fun!! Congrats! I'm so happy for you guys!
Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy...... hope you are feeling good! :)
YEAH! Congratulations! That's so exciting guys!
That is so fun! You really are such a cute mom! I think that if I didn't meet Emily's whole family I wouldn't be as inspired to be a cute mom. Congrats on your little baby girl. You have such a cute family I really am so jealous.
Another example of what an amazing, fun mom you are!!! Congrats! Those little babies sure are miracles aren't they?
Post a Comment