Someone gave me this idea, which doesnt seem that big of a deal, but I didnt think of it... for kids/husbands lunch ideas... she makes a sub sandwich on frenchbread and keeps it in the refrigerator. Good for all week, and the kids slice off size they want. This is YUM and my kids have been loving that I do this for school lunches lately... they tell me their friends are jealous! My favorite combo: ham, pepper turkey, hard salami, munster cheese slices
What is a cousins party?? Well, I am one of the older cousins, and babysat all my younger ones, love them, so 9 years ago, when they were in jr. high/highschool I started having them all over for Cousins Party sleepovers. We did random retarded things like video games, karaoke, heart attack Wal Mart at 1:00am, serenade gas stations, T.P, and always LOTS of junk food, etc... All the boy cousins have gone on missions and many of them have told me the thing they missed most were cousins parties, how sweet! But now most everyone is grown, married and in their 20's, and we still do cousin parties! No sleepovers... but the last one to leave this time was 2:30am. They bring their little ones, and it is a full house, and my kids just pass out wherever, having eaten candy all night. My kids live for cousins parties... and all week in family prayers they were blessin and thankin for the
cousins party on friday!
This time we rented a big slide for it...
This time we rented a big slide for it...
and a cotton candy machine!
Grand Total for the night: 45 (including adults and kids)
And yes, the neighbors did tell us to keep it down at 11:00pm, oops!
Grand Total for the night: 45 (including adults and kids)
And yes, the neighbors did tell us to keep it down at 11:00pm, oops!
9 comments:
Wow, that tupperware looks like a monster is overtaking your oven... bet that was fun to clean.
Hooray for cousins parties! You're the best. And that picture of Clint and I is absolutely terrible/hilarious, wow.
Hey there!
I am so ticked off that I wasn't born a Blake. Looks like some rip roarin' fun.
The sandwich idea came from a friend of one of your HS friends who was at your house about 4 years ago. I don't know her name but she was telling us about her family and we were like swooning over the deets.
She had 5 kids and she was only 28 or something like that. She kept saying that she loved to always have a baby at home and she was singing a sweet tale of motherhood. You asked her what she feeds her (many) kids for lunch and dinner and she told us about this sandwich. It really is a great idea and we do it around here, too. To bad we can't credit the brain behind the idea by name. Maybe this will help you remember her?
The sandwich idea is awesome. I'm going to try it!
What a fun cousin's party as always!
I sure hope you have a self-cleaning oven! Yikes!
Oh, and Payton has said about 10 times that he wants to go to Bruce and Cherryl's house since you had all those cool cars from "Lightning McQueen!"
typical... you rent an 18 foot slide AND a cotton candy machine and they want to come back because of our little target lightning mcqueen cars... funny! :) this is why you dont really need to buy kids stuff, just give them a cardboard box, just as fun. :)
What a fun "cousins" tradition! Love the sandwich idea....sorry bout the oven!
That cotton candy machine looks like fun. Don't you think it would be a good year supply item. Haha I'm just trying to think of a way to justify one. Maybe we can have another open house.
You are my idol-funny that Ashlin feels deprived with all these fun parties! I hope to be like you someday soon!!
Ahhh! Love the melted tupperware pictures. I laughed so hard! Eric did the same thing with my potholders... and ran out of the house with burning/smoldering potholders.
What fun family memories you are creating! You guys are awesome!
Post a Comment