"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gratitude

real conversation last night:
------------------
Me: Now that we know how good you are at massaging my feet Logan, we should do this every day!

Logan: Will you pay me $2 a day?

Me: How about $2 a week if you do it every day?

Logan: (big smile) I'm gonna be rich!
------------------

(totally posed picture of a fake Family Home Evening that I took to use in a lesson)

Yesterday Bruce gave the Family Home Evening lesson on gratitude. I had been crying because of some stressful stuff, and he challenged all the kids to think of something they could do to show me gratitude for making them a yummy dinner.

After Family Home Evening Logan got the couch all ready with a towel and lotion to rub my feet, while I laid on the couch having my feet rubbed, Dallin got out his guitar to play me his new reverent Christmas songs so pretty and Ashlin, Lily and Emma cleaned the kitchen.

So thankful for sweet moments, because there've plenty of moments that aren't so sweet going around lately. ugh.
It was really endearing to have my kids do kind things for me to show their gratitude... so in my prayers last night, even though I wanted to just beg God to fix all my stress... I told Him everything I was thankful for that He's blessed me with. I wanted to show Him gratitude like my kids did for me.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I love how you used your kids as an example and shifted from stress to gratitude in your prayer. You are an amazing mother and no matter how hard it seems at times, your children will only appreciate you more as the years go by.