"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Monday, November 9, 2009

Halloween

Halloween Activities:

It is so much neater to experience life as a mom. A dusty hot visit to the farm, which would on its own NOT be that exciting, becomes a darling day, and ONLY because of the cutest little 4 year old I had with me...
Lily's cute little preschool class took a field trip to "Mother Nature's Farm"... yee-haw!
She got to decorate a pumpkin, see the animals, (jump in the very unfarmlike bouncy thing- which was probably her favorite part of the farm-ha ha)... and go on a hay ride with baby Sophie and me!


I was so happy to have a special outing with Lily. It has been so busy lately and Lily is THE BEST little girl! She will just play up on her own for so long, and come as soon as I call her. When we go places, she always stays by my side sweet and happy. (Not all my 4 year olds were like this!!) She deserved a special outing... and I LOVE my special time with Lily!!

But for this outing, little Sophie came too... and if she could talk I bet she would say she also liked the farm! I LOVE this little outfit of hers that my Aunt Amy got her... the little ruffles on her pants are so cute. It's size 0-3 months, but I keep squeazing her in it because I love it so much:

(all the cute little name signs, like above, in my latest posts were made by Ashlin at the cabin, I kept them to scan in my blog posts... LOVE the blog for being able to preserve cute art my kids do)

It wasn't the only trip to the farm, because we went as a whole family to Schnepf Farms also! No pictures though. And my sisters FIANCE Rich flew down, so came with us. He seems like such a nice guy, I am so happy for Chrissy!


We also made Halloween Shape Sugar cookies and frosted them..... this always sounds like it's going to be so fun, and I suppose there are some fun elements to it... but sugar cookies are SO.MUCH.WORK! Then the kids each made halloween cards and we delivered the cookies and cards to some new families in our ward. (Lily's Card)

This year with a new baby, I was forced to let go of some control... and allowed Bruce to take the kids shopping for Halloween costumes! I have always tried to be a little original, and not just store buy, because its fun to create something a little more unique... not this year my friends.

Bruce came home with coordinating "Super" costumes for him and Sophie.... By the end of Halloween week I was wiped out... after homemade chili and cornbread, costumes, SCHOOL class parties that I volunteered at (MAN it is exhausting to be a teacher), making and frosting 30 cupcakes for Logan's class party, and cutting 130 cheese shapes of bats, pumpkins and ghosts, to have with crackers for Emma's class, and Trunk or Treat... it was finally:

HALLOWEEN NIGHT!

I was busy that night, so Dallin did him and Logan's "zombie" make-up, he did a good job!

For Halloween this year we brought our popcorn popper out front and played our rockin fun Halloween tunes really loud for the street and passed out popcorn all night. I made popcorn straight from 6-9pm. It was so fun... I had invisioned dressing up like a witch for this... but turns out you can't do it all, and that never happend. It was rewarding to make it a fun night for the trick-or-treaters... then at about 8pm Bruce projected the movie "Ghostbusters" out front on our garage wall to watch. Emily, Mckane and Beckam, Chrissy, my dad, Rachelle, DJ, Vanessa, and Macy came for this too. (Macy was here for the whole weekend because her parents were in Hong Kong picking up her brother from his mission!!)

Ashlin and Macy dressed up as "Siamese Twins" in an outfit big enough for 2 people, with their 2 heads sticking out. Turns out, its really hard moving around as Siamese Twins. I kept asking them to help me with things and they could barely walk! Next year I am having my oldest child wear a more "helpful for mom costume"... Ha Ha

Happy Halloween!

(Lily's spider)

4 comments:

cherryl said...

Emily Lauren said...
LOVE the pose lily is strikin in that picture at MNF. SO cute. And I also love that bruce picked out matching "super" outfits for him and sophie- that's the sweetest.

You guys created quite the party on Halloween- popcorn, candy, bumpin & festive music, movies. McKane and I had so much fun that night and said it was probably the best Halloween we've had our entire marriage! Yup, you heard it-your party was just that RAD :)

The Wiser Side said...

You are such a great mom! Next year we will have to come and party it up in your neighborhood!

E and T Macdonald said...

Such cute pictures of your little girls!
Maybe WE should come to your rockin' Halloween party next year! :)
We just do trunk-n-treat here... or else the kids would have to walk for miles to get enough candy to be happy! :) Eric takes them on the quad to a few neighbors... but it's just not the same. Remember when we used to roam the streets for HOURS with pillowcases FULL of candy!!?? As a mom, it makes me sick to think of all that candy! I'm sure I loved it though!

The Hunts said...

Super outfit Bruce!