"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Change is gonna come....

For a school English project Ashlin had to write song lyrics about graduation day and do a picture video. We realized that Bruce still had his graduation gown and its the same school colors as Ashlins, so we went down to her football field and took some pictures....

Now Ashlin is just a freshman, just started highschool. But its so bizarre when your children get older, and you realize you are getting older too. I LOVE having children at multiple stages of life, not just because it makes being a mom so enjoyable with so much diversity of needs, but also because it helps me keep in perspective just how fast time goes. I am so much more patient with my younger kids, just knowing pretty soon they will be grown and I will just wish with all my heart that I had been better. I know, because thats what I do now with my older kids.

Being a mother is the most joyful/painful process.... joyful because nothing brings me greater rewards.... but painful because of my constant mistakes, and they grow up... and darn them for growing up before I became as good as I wanted to be!!!

Ashlin is wonderful and it is actually so fun to have a teenager, so neat to have a child grow in to being your friend. But all the boys/texting/facebook/BOYS/grown-up talks are
FREAKING ME OUT!!

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

I don't know that I want to see our girls in graduation gowns right now, but it is coming so fast!

d.jo said...

I know what you mean about motherhood being a joyful/painful process. Ever since I've had Emmett, I've been thinking about your testimony on the day you blessed Sophie. You mentioned that you've been so stretched thin, but you've grown so much. I'm such a weakling! 2 kids is stretching me thin, and you're on #6. You're amazing. I'm just learning that I have to quit thinking about the "painful" parts, and remember that it's all joy, and then I feel like I'm a better mom & focus on the good things of how everything is going, instead of what I haven't been able to accomplish.