One of my favorite and most rewarding parts of being a mom is the variety of things I get to be constantly creating: Homemade meals, memorable moments, fun parties, and as of late...
....I have been surprised at how much I've gotten in to and enjoyed all the School Projects around here...
Ashlin and Kendell had to do this 'Summertime Tundra Biome". They let me help, and afterwards Ashlin and I stared at it forever telling eachother how cool it was.... so fun!


Then the week after we finished the Tundra Biome, Dallin came home from school with the project list he had to choose from for their Egypt Unit.... we were so excited!
He chose to make a mummy, pyramid and travel brochure.
Dallin LOVES science and projects. He was so cute with this. He made a man out of playdough. Before he wrapped it like a mummy he wanted to cut slits in it to represent that ancient Egyptians cut out the organs before mummifying the bodies, then he really poured salt in each of the incisions of his mummy man to "preserve the body".
He spray painted a box and animals gold to represent that their kings were buried in gold and the ancient Egyptians buried in the tomb with them animals of gold.
I LOVE that Dallin is just soaking it all up at school and has been constantly informing us of new Egyptian facts he's learning!
He chose to make a mummy, pyramid and travel brochure.
Then look at my newest toy!! Yeah, I am just dreamin of all the fun memories to create...
can't wait!!!
But then we decided we wanted to use it right away, so Ashlin invited her seminary class over for movie night in our backyard. We had a movie, popcorn, homemade rootbeer, a fire pit and roasted marshmallows...
Such a fun night!
On her shirt she's saying: "I love you"
On his shirt he's saying "you love me"
Clearly, he feels loved!
So many fun things to create!! If only there were more time in a day. Thats okay... its worth losing sleep on occassion to make something cool!
(Pyramid picture by Logan)
5 comments:
Too fun!! Ok, so now you have to create a post to teach us all how to make such awesome "project water". And that land in the biome was really cool looking too. What a cool mom you are to think to invite her whole seminary class over!! Can I be like you when I grow up?
Love the popcorn idea! I just remember your Mom dressing up as a SCARY witch and playing spooky music... half the kids were so scared they didn't want to go up to the door! :) You are a fun Mom!
Hey I just posted a video (WITH MUSIC!) on my blog of our honey experience. I'm feeling really proud that it worked! :) I've tried to upload things before and couldn't ever figure it out!
Call me sometime when you get a minute.
This confirms my thoughts that you're the COOLEST mom in the World!! How do you do it all? You're amazing!
I always leave your blog inspired to be more fun. Thanks.
OK so when my kids have projects can you come help???? You are sooo good. I don't have it in me. We really need to have a get together soon. It's been way too long. And I really would love to see that baby!
Post a Comment