"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Storybook Birthday


HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY!!

Lily had so much fun putting on "Goldilocks & the 3 Bears" play with her playgroup friends a few months back... that for her birthday she requested we do ANOTHER storybook "play".

So we had her friends over for a "Play-in-a-Day" Party!

Again, we set up our living room for the play...
Can you tell below what play we put on THIS time?!
A kitchen/cottage with a pan of "goodies", a basket,
a Forest, a Grandmother's Bed...
Yep, Little Red Riding Hood!

I have these cute "Storyteller" masks they wore, with some simple costumes...
and we put on a play!
Don't you worry, we did the play multiple times, so each girl got a turn being different characters! Changing costumes between plays was a little hectic, as I was doing it alone, while holding a baby.. ugh, but it was worth it, they were having fun... and I was not stressed, because...
there was no other parent here watching the chaos!!

Finally when I was able to put my baby down for a nap,
I FILMED our little play!

They chose the characters they wanted to be for our LAST time through... I had planned on letting the birthday girl be Little Red Riding Hood for her "Birthday Movie"... but the funny little thing cried and cried because she wanted to be the "Hunters Wife"...this was the character I "made up" for the play so we would have SIX characters to equal the number of guests at the party... and I thought they wouldn't want to be the new one...
ha ha, I was wrong!

So, if you have 9 minutes of time to spare... here is our little play below!
(I don't expect many to watch it, but its cute)


I stayed up until 4am last night making this movie for Lily... I realize I'm retarded. But I think it is so fun and rewarding making family movies, and I've had no other free time lately. So I decided it was worth a night of little sleep to make me a new family movie for my shelf!
(Sheesh, what we go through as mothers...)

Happy Birthday my darling Lily!

5 comments:

Suz said...

okay... so this one takes the cake. I think this is definately the cutest party I've ever seen. You won! Announcing... MOther of the YEar! You are my hero!

E and T Macdonald said...

Sooo CUTE!! How fun for the girls! I'm guessing you made one for each of them? What a fun idea!!

Okay, that makes my bee movie look like a 1st grader did it!! :) You've got some talent!
:)Tanya

Unknown said...

Loooooove the concept. I'm never paying retail for another birthday party again, I'm just going to let you inspire me all year long. You are amazing and such a great inspiration. Please don't ever quit posting your ideas. Where did you get the masks???

Emily Lauren said...

Oh, my, gosh. Beck and I just watched this and LOVED it!! Beck has requested it again and again! Love the sound effects, the girls voice clips, the little red riding hood song at the beg and end, and your pronunciation of wolf :)

You're such a fun mom, Cherryl!

Anonymous said...

Sooooo cute!! Loved it all!! What a memorable party and movie to go with it! Fun, fun! Can you plan my birthday party too? :-)