How many children usually sleep in a twin bed?
These 3 children above are the fighting children. All through out the long hours of day the battle rages between them. Random small things wage large wars, where they often reside on opposing teams. And then as soon as I announce "bed time"... something mysterious happens. Each night they beg to sleep in the same bed. Anyone who has witnessed the day time fights would think, they will not survive the night. Nope, I know the "Magic of Night". Some very special "not wanting to go to bed" bond happens, and magically unites the fighting children in to peaceful children who love eachother for night. Wierd. We have 5 children, 5 beds, and atleast 2-3 beds are empty each night. This is the honest truth.
And now.... Merry Christmas!
And next year, 1 more stocking will have to fit amongst the rest...
And some more Christmas fun... Lily's "Princess Playgroup".
(Lily in middle)
... then made reindeer cookies. How cute!
And below you will see the cutest surprise that awaited my door one day... the Activity Days girls in our ward came a caroling and bringing me a box of cookies. I even knew what activity they had, as I dropped Emma off at the church myself, but didn't even consider they would come to my house! It made me cry. And they sang, and sang, and sang. We kept trying to applaude and they kept telling us they weren't done. So sweet!!

5 comments:
Wow...now that is a party. It always looks like great fun at your place!
Those kids in that bed are hilarious! Your house is sooo cute! I miss seeing all of the projects you used to do. I clicked on that picture of the Activities Days girls and can't believe some of those faces. I recognize some of them. I can't believe how big they are! Have a Merry Christmas.
My kids do the same thing. Go figure! Sounds like your family is keeping busy during the holidays! Oh and congrats on baby #6! your my hero cheryl, I am a crazy lady with 4!
Magical bed time... what is it? I need to get the same bed time fairy as you have! Bed time at my house is magical... magically all of my nerves are raw and kids magically have forgotten' to brush their teeth even though I saw them with a toothbrush in their mouth and their breath smells like they just ate toothpaste... and magically the need to urinate is about every 35 seconds... and magically dehydration sets in and somebody forgot to eat enough calories to last them until the rooster crows... It is magical indeed...
I'm loven' the doggie sock and angel. Bruce is like my dad. SENTIMENTAL! Infact, our dog, Foxy, ran away while my parents were out of town (about 14 years ago) and my dad is still looking for her. He LOVES sentimental things. The top of their tree is a lace angel with a wooden head. It really is worse than the angel dog. Soooo, if you want to feel better, you should head over to their house and fest your eyes on the "sentiments" going on there!
Christmas concerts... THANK HEAVEN for the WEST! Still believing in our pioneer ancestors that came to America to enjoy religious freedom! THANK YOU!!
So cute! So who is the other stocking for?-the dog? or the new baby?
I have to say that I teared up while reading your baby US story-I blame it on being pregnant. You are an amazing mom and we all just look to you as an example!
Post a Comment